The Czech team has a long tennis history and after their absence from the Davis Cup by Rakuten Madrid Finals 2019, they made it through the Qualifiers this time round and we will see them in action in Group C. There they will be joined in the fight for a place in the quarter-finals by two other famous tennis nations: France and Great Britain.
- Following the retirement of world top-10 players Radek Stepanek and Tomas Berdych, the Czech Republic is still looking for a new generation of players to keep them at the top of the sport.
- Their current undisputed number one is 26-year-old Jiri Vesely, who is ranked at world number 65. In 2015, he reached his highest ranking (35) and in addition to holding two senior titles he has already played 26 Davis Cup matches, including the semi-finals in 2013 and 2014.
- The Czech Republic beat Slovakia in this year's Qualifiers. It was the first time the two countries had met and the Czechs managed a 3-1 win in Bratislava thanks to victories in their singles matches for Vesely and Lukas Rosol.
- Jaroslav Navratil has been team captain since 2006.
- The Czech Republic has won the Davis Cup three times: in 1980 (as Czechoslovakia), in 2012 and in 2013.