With or without the presence of their star, Alexander Zverev, Germany always proves to be a dangerous opponent at the Davis Cup by Rakuten. With both youth and experience in their current team, they are under the watchful eye of captain Michael Kohlmann. They will face Serbia and Austria in an exciting Group F.
- In the Finals, Germany have the challenge of improving on the quarter-final round they reached in 2019, where they lost to Great Britain.
- Their number one player, Zverev helped win Germany a place at the 2019 Finals by playing in the Qualifiers against Hungary, but was not part of the team that competed in Madrid. He didn’t play in the 2020 Qualifiers where Germany beat Belarus 4-1, but has shown a desire to be back on the team for the Finals.
- At 36 years old, Philipp Kohlschreiber's experience and quality is always a key factor for the Germans. He has played more than 40 Davis Cup matches, including some long battles against the best in the world.
- Jan-Lennard Struff is another great asset, having defended Germany's colours on ten occasions.
- Captain Michael Kohlmann was a world top-100 player and a great doubles specialist. But there's more! Tennis legend Boris Becker often accompanies the team as a technical advisor. In addition to having been world number one, he has won six Grand Slams and two Davis Cup titles.