Following the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Kazakhstan firmly established itself among the world tennis elite. In the next Davis Cup by Rakuten Finals, they will come up against Canada and Sweden in a dangerous group B.
- Since their debut as a team in 1995, they have been Davis Cup quarter-finalists on five occasions: 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2018.
- The experience of their best player of the last decade, 32-year-old Mikhail Kukushkin, who has played nearly 50 Davis Cup matches, was recently complemented by the arrival of a new Kazakh promise: Alexander Bublik, only 22 and already world number 51.
- Kazakhstan overcame The Netherlands in this year's Qualifiers. It was another win for them at home in Nur-Sultan, where they are practically unbeatable – they have won 11 of the last 12 qualifiers there.
- In the 2019 Finals, they failed to make it past the group stage, missing out on the quarter-finals.
- They will have a new captain for 2020: Yuriy Schukin.